Friday, June 11, 2010

God's Love

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

This scripture is beloved by almost every Christian I know.  It is one of the most quoted verses of holy writ in all Christendom.  It teaches a powerful truth.  God loves us, so he sent His Son to show us the way back to him.  We must believe in Christ to have everlasting life.  There is no other way.  Belief, however, must lead to action (see James 2:17).  We can say we believe in him, but if we do not do something about it, our belief is hollow.  So what do we do? 

John 14:15 - "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Simple enough.  So what has he commanded?

3 Nephi 27:20 - "Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day."

I know this to be true.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

http://www.mormon.org/

1 comment:

  1. This is the gospel in a nutshell! Love the Lord and repent, come unto him and be baptized. Love it. Looks good Elder. You are doing great. I want to hear about your and Elder Cook singing in the streets!

    ReplyDelete